Featured Topic: Planning Resources
Teachers wrap up one school year only to begin planning the next. Whether you will be teaching the same grade, or moving to a new position, planning ahead is a common summer activity for many teachers. Mathwire is also on vacation during these summer months, so take the time to search out some of the many resources available on this site as you plan for the coming school year. Here are some suggested starting points:
- View the Mathwire A-Z List to quickly locate specific topics. You'll find activities to meet the differentiated needs for additional practice or challenging enrichment suggestions.
- Check out the Mathwire Mathematical Games Resources to add to your classroom math game collection or to add to your math center for independent play.
- View the Mathwire Morning Math Routines to read about and see pictures of these important daily routines that help develop math concepts in real world applications. Then visit the Morning Math Routines: Photo Gallery to see how different teachers organize these resources in their classrooms.
- Scan the Mathwire Intervention Strategies for differentiated activities to help struggling learners with counting, teen numbers, money, basic facts, etc.
- Search through the Mathwire Template Library for templates designed to be inserted into sheet protectors and used with dry erase markers to increase active student participation in math lessons. The Mathwire Math Mat Resources offer mats for place value, seasonal, fact families, and dominoes.
- Check out the Mathwire Math Manipulatives Resources for additional activities to add to your classroom repertoire as whole class activities, small group exploration or center activities. Current topics include dominoes, hundred board, money, morning math and tangram activities.
- Revisit Math Activity Themes and Seasonal Math Activities to spice up math class using these coordinated themes.
- The Mathwire Math-Literature Connections and Writing in Math Class provide suggested activities for using literature titles and writing to help students develop conceptual understanding and link math concepts to real world applications.
Recent Additions to Mathwire.com
Check the New on Mathwire.com webpage to see what's new on the site this month.
Check the Recent Additions to Mathwire.com webpage to see the most recent additions to the site this month.
Enter your email address below to receive notifications when new content is added to Mathwire.
NOTICE: If you have already subscribed to the Mathwire.com Updates but have not been receiving any notices, this may be due to your school's e-mail system that does not allow these mailings to be delivered. Please feel free to resubscribe using a different e-mail account rather than your school account.
Mathwire Search Options
New to Mathwire.com? There are several ways to search the site for activities by Math Standard, Math Topic, or using an alphabetical search.
- See Searching the Mathwire.com Site for a thorough explanation of these search options.
Mathwire.com is designed to provide activities and appropriate worksheets for teachers to use in their classrooms.   All activities and worksheets support the constructivist approach to learning mathematics and the NCTM Standards.
Activities:   The activities on this site were developed by Terry Kawas and the teachers in districts where she has worked as a math consultant and coach or with students she has taught in college math-methods courses.   The activities are classroom-tested by teachers and appropriate modifications have been made to reflect this field-testing.   These activities are posted online in an effort to share quality activities and routines within the mathematics community.