- April 2010: Investigating Growing Patterns; Earth Day Math Activities; Using Who Has? Decks to Practice Basic Facts
- February 2010: Valentine Math Activities and Problem Solving
- January 2010: Snowman Math Activities; Winter Math Activities; U.S. Census 2010 Math Activities
- December 2009: Gingerbread Math Activities; Winter Math Activities
- October 2009: Pumpkin Math Activities; More Fall Math Activities
- Back to School 2009: New Classes...New Beginnings; Teacher Planning Resources for a new school year; Active Participation Strategies; Back-to-School Math Activities
- July 2009: Teacher Reflection and Resources for Classroom Organization, Math Centers, Morning Math Routines, Differentiated Instruction, Use of Whiteboards & Math Templates, Use of Manipulatives, Seasonal Math Activities, Writing in Math Class and Math-Literature Connections
- June 2009: Game Day: Providing Differentiated Instruction & Practice; Set Up a Math Game Center; Games of the Month: Contig, Pig, Skunk, Clean Up the Money
- May 2009: Themed Mathematics: Ladybugs; Math Contests and In-School Competitions; Collect Data from Games; Incorporate Themed or Seasonal Activities into Morning Routines
- March 2009: Writing Responses to Open-ended Questions; Dr. Seuss Day Math Activities; St. Patrick's Day Math Activities; Data Collection Activity: Cereal Toy Investigation; Online Cheerios Investigation Simulator; Organizing Data; Have Students Write Original Problems
- February 2009: Valentine's Day Math Activities: Valentine Quilts, Valentine Symmetric Faces, Mathwire Valentine's Day Math Activities Collection; Black History Month: Freedom Quilts; Grab the Candy Game: Valentine's Day Version; Using Games to Promote Basic Facts Fluency; Place Math Games in Math Center for Extended Practice
- January 2009: 100th Day of School Celebrations; Snowman Math Activity Collection; Last Snowman Standing Game; Writing in Math Class
- December 2008: Seasonal Math Games: Planning Distributed Practice of Math Facts and Skills; Mathwire Winter Math Activity Collections; Gingerbread Men; Gingerbread House Coordinate Graphing Activity; M&M Probability Game; Helping Students Develop Basic Facts Fluency; Using Climb the Ladder to Develop Number Sense
- November 2008: Logic Number Puzzles: Developing Strong Number Sense; Fall 2008 Math Activities; Contig Game; Use Flexible Grouping in Math Class; Ask Students to Create Original Problems
- October 2008: Seasonal Math Activities: Incorporating Strong Mathematical Concepts and Skills; Fall 2008 Math Activities; Fat Bat Game; Using Math Templates
- Back to School 2008: Active Participation Strategies: Using Whiteboards and Math Templates to Assess Student Understanding; Back to School Activities; Teacher Planning Resources
- July 2008: Teacher Planning Resources
- June 2008: Escher & tessellations; Quilt Square Challenge
- May 2008: Basic Facts Boot Camp; Who Has? Games; Game Day; Class Play-offs & Tournaments; Math Manipulatives Series: Dominoes
- April 2008: Mathematical Poetry; Earth Day Activities; Math Manipulatives Series: Tangrams
- March 2008: Dr. Seuss Day Math Activities; St. Patrick's Day Math Activities; Math Manipulatives Series: Tangrams
- February 2008: Valentine Math Activities
- January 2008: Mathematical Quilts
Don't miss the new Mathwire Blog for the latest updates on Mathwire! The Mathwire blog will feature new activities as they are added to the Mathwire collection and it will also spotlight classic Mathwire activities, adding suggestions for classroom implementation and/or modifications to best meet the needs of varied students in a classroom.
Best of all, the Mathwire Blog format allows users to comment on the activities and add their own ideas to the mix. This should benefit all of us as we try to engage students in learning mathematics.
Check out the new Mathwire Blog and be one of the first to become an active contributor to the Mathwire family. The Mathwire Blog replaces the old Mathwire subscription e-mail lists so that you are constantly up-to-date on Mathwire happenings.
- August 2009: Contig Jr. Game; M&M Probability Game Pieces; Online Resources for Writing in Math Class; Three Strikes and You're Out! Game
- March 2009: Seussical Hats; Valentine's Day Treat Challenge Recording Sheet
- April 2008: Math Manipulatives Series: Dominoes; Domino Flash Cards 2
- January 2008: Searching the Mathwire.com Site; Problems for Grades 5-8; Halfway through the School Year Math Activities Suggestions; Valentine's Day 2008 Math Activities
December 2006: Data Analysis Activities, Tally Ho! game, Elf Glyph, Winter 2006 Math Activities, Kindergarten Word Problems
October 2006: Halloween word problems; Open-ended Assessments for Grade 2; Doubles Who Has? decks
September 2006: Open-ended Assessments for Grades 2-3
July 2006: Math-Literature Connections: Money, How Much Is Your Name Worth?
June 2006: Morning Routines Photo Gallery, Money Activities & Strategies, Decimal Place Value Template, Who Has? Multiplication Decks C and D.
May 2006: Growing Patterns, Magic Pot and Function Machine templates, Open-ended Assessments for Grades 3-4, Great Cookie Race, Data Analysis: One-die Toss, Data Analysis: Two Dice Toss, M & M Probability Game, Logic Grid Template.
April 2006: Literature Connections to Introduce Patterns & Algebra, Open-ended Assessments for Data Analysis, Probability and Combinations (Discrete Math) for Grades 3-4, Integer Games: Number Line Madness and Integer Showdown, Lattice Multiplication Templates, Bar Graph template, spinner templates.
March 2006: Mathematical Webquests Links.
February 2006: February Math Activities, Freedom Quilt Resources, Olympics, Valentine's Day, Active Participation using Math Templates.
January 2006: Pattern Block Open-ended Assessments, Addition and Subtraction Games, Multiplication and Division Games, Kindergarten Problem Solving, Open-ended Assessments for Grades 3-4, Shape Capture Game, Coin Flipping Activities, Ten Frame and Domino Mats/Templates , Ladybug Mat.
December 2005: Frosty's Estimation Station, pictures of student holiday projects, Game of Pig.
- November 2007: Gingerbread Man Theme Page, search Mathwire by Math Standards, Project Euler link for gifted math students, Roll a Turkey Game link.
- October 2007: Math Routines Resources, Symmetric Faces Photo Gallery, Search Mathwire Activities by Math Standards, Math Songs and Chants
- September 2007: Seasonal Counting & Addition Mats, Math Music, Online Calendar Math Resources, Online Math Dictionaries
- August 2007: Back-to-School Activities
- July 2007: Alphabetical Listing of Mathwire.com Topics
- April 2007: Earth Day Math Activities
- February 2007: 100th Day of School Activities, Open-ended Assessments for Grades 1-2
- January 2007: 100th Day of School Activities, Coordinate Geometry Activities, Valentine's Day Math Activities